Friday, July 24, 2009

CSA round up week #3

cooking away my CSA round up #3It's time for another CSA round up as part of the Cooking Away My CSA challenge! I had a particularly fun time with this batch of veggies that included collard greens, swiss chard, kale, bok choy, carrots, and snow peas. I picked them up on Monday, but knew that I had to cook everything by Wednesday because of a weekend trip to Chicago. I also had to get somewhat creative with my greens just to avoid getting too tired of them. The peas and most of the carrots didn't last very long - they were quickly consumed as snacks. Here's what became of the rest:

I used several of the carrots and the kale to create a tasty quinoa pilaf:
recipe for quinoa pilaf with kale, carrots, and pine nuts
And I made a quick scramble with the swiss chard:
recipe for swiss chard scramble
I really enjoyed this collection of recipes, and I got approval from a couple of my favorite taste-testers :). I'm also very excited that a wider variety of veggies have just begun to appear in my share and at the market. I'm definitely ready to start eating 4 servings of squash a day.... and I'm not exaggerating.

No comments: