Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Grilling sausage and portobellos, and some bean and barley soup

I've done a bit of cooking since I got back to Michigan.... most excitingly I've tried out my new grill pan!  I also managed to acquire tons of meat while I was at home (lots of venison, and a bit of pork sausage).  Almost everything was frozen except for the pork sausage, so I decided to grill up some of that with onions and peppers for dinner on Saturday.  It was really good (and for some reason the grill marks make it taste better).  I'm pretty sure I could eat Bradley's sausage every day and not get tired of it, so I'm glad that I have more in the freezer!  I also made the other package of soup that Mom and I got in Traverse City.  This one is a mix of lots of beans and barley, and it's good, but not quite as good as the pea soup (and hopefully I'll remember that if I decide to buy more next time I'm in TC).  Finally, today I grilled up some portobellos with cheese and onions.  I think that yummy is the only proper description.  Let's just say that I'm going to be grilling a ton of things for the next few months.  I can't wait until squash and eggplant are in season because those are destined for my pan.

In slightly related news, I've been rearranging my kitchen to provide more counter space and make it more useable.  So far it's much better, and hopefully things will be perfect once my spice rack gets here.  I'll probably get it exactly how I want it right about the time I'm ready to move, but then I'll have a new project with my new place (and I can't wait for that for SOO many reasons).

No comments: