Monday, October 20, 2008

Tonight's dinner

Somehow I managed to have enough energy left after the marathon relay yesterday to remember to thaw a frozen chicken (pre-cut into pieces) that I bought at the farmers' market a few weeks ago.  I got home late today (which is becoming more of a rule than an exception), so I wanted something fast.  I decided to roast it at 450, and it only took about 40 min to cook.  I was originally going to put veggies around it, but I was too lazy.  It turned out juicy and delicious, and the little bite of the skin I tasted was perfectly crispy.  I needed something to put with it, so I pulled out the purple kale that I bought on Saturday and started searching for recipes.  I came across one for braised kale and red potatoes and decided to try it out.  I once again managed to set off my smoke detector (don't worry, it's now disconnected), but it was incredibly easy and tasty.  I love the red pepper kick with the kale (and believe me, it's got a kick).  And to top it all off, I had some frozen grapes and yogurt for desert.  It's the perfect ending to a stressful day...

No comments: