Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The first soup of the season

I've been really busy lately, but I finally got around to making butternut squash and leek soup tonight with the squash from Al's garden.  I followed the recipe exactly (for once), and it's very good.  The first time I had butternut squash soup was my last year at Emory, and I've been meaning to make it ever since.  It only took 4 years, but I'm glad it finally happened :)

I currently have a small "pumpkin pie" (there's no crust) in the oven because I had some pumpkin left over from making pumpkin and apple bread this weekend.  I made it haphazardly - I threw pumpkin, milk, apple juice concentrate, vanilla, an egg, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger in the blender and then put it in the oven.  I'm not sure that the consistency will be right, but I'm hoping the taste makes up for it.  

No comments: